Thank you for your interest in the Leadership Development Academy (LDA) of Evangelical Christian School!
The LDA is designed to develop and enhance participants’ leadership skills for long-term benefit to their school, community, family, and future workplace. The LDA seeks participants in 8th - 12th grade who possess:
- A desire to attend Evangelical Christian School
- An interest in expanding their leadership skills
- A strong interest in influencing change and having a positive impact on the future
- A commitment to Evangelical Christian School’s mission, purpose, and philosophy
ECS Leadership Development Program Overview:
- Leadership Development Academy Students (LDA) will meet monthly in the “Courtside Cafe” during lunch to discuss current topics dealing with leadership and listen to guest speakers.
- Participate in the Fall LDA Service Project.
- Participate in the Spring Senior-Led LDA Service Project.
- LDA Students will graduate from ECS with special honors.
- The overall purpose of the LDA program is to create and develop Christ-like servant leaders for our school and community, who will become servant leader adults.
ECS Leadership Development Academy Application Process:
There are six parts to the application (linked below). Please complete all sections in full. Applications must be submitted by the deadline listed below. Members will be chosen by the selection committee during the month of May and notified via email by May 30. If you are not selected, you may apply again next year.
Scholarship through the Leadership Development Academy:
Each year, the LDA Selection Committee will select a few eligible applicants to receive a full tuition scholarship* to ECS. The scholarship works as a supplement to the Step Up For Students grant program. In order to qualify for the LDA scholarship, both the Step Up for Students and FAST applications must also be completed. Even if you do not qualify for the scholarship, you can still be a member of the LDA.
*LDA members receiving a scholarship must still purchase books and uniforms to attend ECS.
In order to receive this financial aid, your account must be in good standing without any past due amounts. If your account becomes past due during the school year, you will forfeit any financial aid you were eligible to receive.
The timeline for the application/selection process is as follows:
- The application submission deadline is May 31st at 5 PM.
- The LDA scholarship winners will be notified by June 30th .
Please contact Sarah Collum, Admissions Director, at (239) 936-3319 ext. 1393, if you have any questions about the program or the application process.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the ECS LEADership Development Academy!