Thank you for your interest in the LEADership Development Academy (LDA) of Evangelical Christian School!
The LDA is designed to develop and enhance participants’ leadership skills for long-term benefit to their school, community, family, and future workplace. The LDA seeks participants who possess:
- A desire to attend Evangelical Christian School
- An interest in expanding their leadership skills to new heights
- A strong interest in influencing change and having a positive impact on the future
- A commitment to Evangelical Christian School’s mission, purpose, and philosophy
Please use the following outline as you prepare your application. There are six parts that are required, so please submit responses to each section. Incomplete applications will be precluded. Please submit your application by the deadline listed below. This program has a limited number of scholarship members each year. If you are not selected, you may apply again next year.
The timeline for the application/selection process is as follows:
- The application submission deadline is April 30th at 5 PM.
- The LDA scholarship winners will be notified by May 30th .
- Orientation will take place the Friday before the start of the school year.
- All members of the ECS LEADership Development Academy will meet twice a month in the ECS Courtside Café during their lunch period to participate in a Leadership Curriculum.
Please contact Scott Guttery, LDA Director, at (239) 936-3319 ext. 1207, if you have any questions about the program or the application process.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the ECS LEADership Development Academy!
Evangelical Christian School – Leadership Development Academy
ECS LEADership Development Program Overview
- LEADership Development Academy Students will meet bi-weekly in the “courtside café” during lunch to go through a leadership curriculum, discuss current topics dealing with leadership, and listen to guest speakers.
- LDA Students will be required to serve 10 hours per semester, outside of ECS, in their special interest area (club, arts department, sport) to a program within the SWFL community (in addition to the school requirement of service hours).
- LDA Students will be required to serve 4 hours per semester to a program at ECS outside of their special interest. The goal of this is to get them outside of their own “bubble” and serve other students, teachers, coaches at ECS.
- During their senior year, LDA Students will create and implement a service project to benefit SWFL.
- LEADership Development Academy Students will graduate from ECS with special honors.
- The overall purpose of the LDA program is to create and develop Christ-like servant leaders for our school and community, who will become servant leader adults.
ECS Scholarship through the LEADership Development Academy:
Each year, the LDA Selection Committee will select a few eligible applicants to receive a full tuition scholarship* to ECS.
* LDA members receiving a scholarship must still purchase books and uniforms to attend ECS.
- LDA Students will meet in the Courtside Café during lunch twice a month during the school year.
- Each session will include leadership curriculum, guest speakers, or current events that deal with leadership.
- The focus of this curriculum will be to develop “servant leaders” for our school and the SWFL community.
- How to be a servant leader
- Examples of leadership
- Leadership image
- Crisis Communication
- Problem Solving & Decision-Making
- Media Relations
- Networking Skills
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Community Involvement