Online Academy Tuition
Financial Information for 2019-2020
This is for a “rolling admission” program where the student starts classes any time between June 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020.
Full-Time Students: This non-refundable and non-transferable annual fee is due at the time of re-enrollment for present students and at the time of application for all new students.
|Through February 28th, 2019||After February 28th, 2019|
Individual Class Students:
This non-refundable and non-transferable annual fee is due at the time of re-enrollment for present students and at the time of application for all new students.
Full-Time Tuition is due prior to the start of classes but may be also paid in the following manner: If not paid in-full in advance, the initial payment will be $975.00 for all grade levels due on July 1. The remaining balance will be billed in equal installments in amounts required to ensure the entire amount is paid-in-full by April 1st of each year. All payment plans will be handled by FACTS tuition management. Payments will be debited automatically from your checking/savings account or charged to your credit card on the 5th of each month. If you choose to pay annually, the fee is $20 per family per year from FACTS. If you chose to pay tuition monthly there will be a $50 per family per year fee from FACTS. Your tuition account will be charged the first business day of each month and once charged, that amount becomes non-refundable. Regardless of grade level, all tuition rates are per student: there are no discounts available (such as prepayment, multi-child, alumni, staff, etc.,)
For Grade Levels 3rd-8th: Tuition rates apply to a maximum of six classes per semester (for more than six classes, please contact the Admissions Office for rates).
For Grade Levels 9th-12th: Tuition rates apply to a maximum of seven classes per semester (for more than seven classes, please contact the Admissions Office for rates). The above rates are for seven (7) classes not six (6) as is typical for the lower grades or other schools. ECS Online Academy requires seven classes in order to meet the credit requirement for a diploma. The standards for an ECS diploma are higher and more rigorous than almost any other school and therefore the need for the additional class load.
Individual Classes or Partial Class Load:
Individual Elective or Bible Classes (one credit) are available at the rate of $500.00 per class. All tuition and fees must be paid in-full in advance prior to the start of class(es) and are non-refundable.
Individual Advanced Placement (AP) Classes on campus are available at the rate of $1600.00 per class plus a $100.00 mandatory testing fee. These classes follow the main campus schedule and availability is based on class space. All tuition and fees must be paid in-full in advance prior to the start of class(es) and are non-refundable after the first 13 days of school. Prior to this date, 50% of the tuition is refundable if the student withdraws from the class. All book fees are the responsibility of the student.
- The online curriculum is written for a 10-month school year. Please know that if the student does not complete the course work by the end of their 10th month, there will be a curriculum extension fee charge of $600.00.
- Should a student complete their course requirements prior to 10-months, all remaining tuition and fee charges will become due and payable. A student may not proceed to the next grade level until all tuition and fees are paid in full.
2) Extra-curricular Activities - Local students may participate in select activities subject to availability and “trying out” as applicable. The fees listed are for “access” to the activities in each category and are good for the time period of enrollment in the activity and expire on the next May 31st. All fees are non- refundable, non-transferable and due in full prior to participation in the activity.
Athletics Fee $300.00 – includes all eligible athletic teams, football incurs an additional insurance fee of $170.00.
Fine Arts Fee $250.00 – includes pep band, orchestra, annual school musical and Christmas concerts.
3) Financial Obligations - Accounts must be current for a student to have online access. Once an account becomes delinquent, the student is subject to being “locked out” of online access and possible dismissal from enrollment at ECS Online. All accounts must have the first installment payment and all fees paid prior to the start of any class. An account must be paid in full in order for students to receive a report card, transcript, participate in graduation or take new/additional courses. Extra classes must be paid in full prior to being allowed access. Please see the Parent/Student Online Handbook for more information.
Any student currently or previously enrolled in the ECS traditional school (e.g. “bricks and mortar”) must have their account paid in full prior to any online access being granted to the Online Academy. The inverse also holds true.
4) Returned Check/Late Fees - A late fee of $30.00 will be applied to any account more than five (5) calendar days past the due date. Accounts with payments returned or rejected by a financial institution for any reason will incur a charge of $30.00 fee per returned transaction.
5) Additional Fees - The following are fees students may incur, but are not limited to:
12th Grade Graduation Fee: All graduation requirements must be completed by May 13th in order for the student to participate in the ceremony for that school year. The fee of $200.00 is due in full September 1, 2019, or upon enrollment for seniors starting after this date. It includes the cap and gown, diploma and transcript fees. The graduation fee does not include announcements. For those students who will not be participating in the graduation ceremony, the fee will be reduced to $100.00. This fee will be charged to the credit card on file on September 1, 2019, if not paid prior to this date.
Improvement Fee: Improvement fee of $100 is due for each student on August 1, 2019 or on the first day of class for students starting after this date.
Transcript Fee: Included for full-time students only.
Lab Fee: The cost of such fees is the direct responsibility of the student and must be purchased directly from an ECS-approved vendor.
6) Book, E-book and Supply Fee - Each student must have their books in time for the start of school. The cost of books and e-books varies by grade level and electives chosen. Any book fees are the responsibility of the student. Should a student drop a class or withdraw, any remaining book fees, workbook fees or other course-related fees will be charged immediately as per the payment method selected previously. The financially responsible party agrees to this charge and it is non-refundable. Any remaining amounts due will be charged or billed as necessary or applicable.